My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Empowering Interview Ensembles

When searching for a job you should always try and look your best, and make sure you feel your absolute best. It's important to know your strengths and weaknesses, such as which colors work well for your skin tones or what styles flatter your own personal body shape. Besides just the clothes, there are several other factors that go into making your ensemble magnificent. For example, consider your jewelry. If you have a very busy outfit, keep the jewelry minimal. If your clothes are loud and full of prints, maybe try and keep your accessories simple and effortless. Along with these, make sure your hair and make-up is simple and not too dramatic. Nevertheless, there are always exceptions. It all depends on where you are interviewing for and what they represent, how they express themselves as a brand or company. 

Today I had an interview with a store for a retail position. The store is for women in their mid-30s and above, they depict their view with comfortable clothing, nothing too strict or revealing but more laid back and relaxing and cozy. For my interview I wore the dress I made for Purdue's Fashion Show since it's simple in style and cut. The pattern isn't too overwhelming and when paired with my red blazer the overall effect was very simple and modest. I wore nude heels, pearl earrings, and berry lipstick. I felt very confident with myself and in the end I think I made the right choice with my ensemble. It wasn't too crazy and wild, it made feel confident, it was simple in colors and patterns, and it was modest and not revealing. 

Ultimately it's your own personal decisions and whatever makes you feel wonderful will make you confident and will allow others to see how great you feel. Be yourself and you'll find the perfect fit with a company!

No comments:

Post a Comment