My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, May 17, 2013

What's Your Style? Mine is...

I'm always asking others, "What's your style?" And they reply with these amazing, descriptive answers. Yet, in an interview, when I was asked what my personal style can be described as, I sort of froze. 
I've never given a lot of thought into what my own personal style is,  a lot of my friends in the apparel design major at Purdue would say whatever my style is it involves a lot of houndstooth.

My reply in the interview was that I don't have a specified style, it's more of a wake up, what mood am I in, what's my personality, let's go with that decision. More of a live in the moment and decide what to wear. The more I think about it the more I think my wardrobe is a little like someone on acid picked out my clothes. I have a wide variety of crazy prints and colors that can't be worn together, a lot of stripes and houndstooth and cheetah print. I also have a LOT of shoes, more specifically a lot of heels that are only worn a few times a year, but nevertheless are gorgeous and I will never get rid of them. Though, the more time I spend on trying to decide what my style is, I have come to the conclusion that as of now, I don't have a specific style. I'm still growing into my self, still trying to find me and until I accomplish that my style won't be as easily definable as others can define their own sense of style. However, if I had to say one definition, it would be this: Audrey Hepburn and Coco Chanel meets Twiggy and Gwen Stefani in the 80's at a rock concert in Paris. For many that sounds ridiculous, but for me, that's how I would describe my style at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment