My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dresses for Days and Days

With this lovely weather all I seem to want to wear is dresses. And, surprisingly, I own a lot of dresses. They are all different and have their own personalities  allowing me to pick one that fits my mood for the day I want to wear one of them. However, not all of my dresses work for this warm weather, some have darker and heavier fabrics that would only make me sweat and weigh me down. I want to wear lovely flowly short dresses that let me move and stay cool in the coming summer heat.

A lot of my dresses have patterns, I only have a few that are solid colors. I have a nice bright red dress for fancy occasions and a magenta/purple peplum dress from H&M that is also for nicer occasions than just running errands or working. Another solid color dress I have is actually 2 colors; the skirt is solid black with relaxed pleats and a creamy white sleeveless top. Besides these dresses the rest of mine are full of patterns and colors!
My favorites include a cream colored sleeveless shift dress with red poppies and blue flowers and some detail in the front with ribbon. Another is cheetah print, spaghetti straps, rouched bodice and a visible zipper down the back. I have a pink and orange with a few other colors, random pattern dress. It's short, spaghetti straps, but then sort of a one shoulder panel going from the bottom of the bodice to the shoulder (It's hard to explain). On top of that, I own a strapless cheetah print, tinted with blues and greens, with a few other designs mixed in. I also own a strapless black bubble skirt dress with a little cross over detail in the front. Every girl should own a little black dress, I actually just found a really cool Calvin Klein black dress. It's loose, sleeveless, V-neck with detail, and has pockets. Calvin Klein, to me, always seems to have really comfortable dresses, they just lay wonderfully on my body and feel great. I have another dress from Calvin Klein, it's blue, sleeveless, with big ruffles at the bottom and the last ruffle is a different shade of blue, almost turquoise. Also, I have my elephant dress I made for the spring fashion show. I've worn it to 2 different interviews and have gotten many compliments. Lastly, a few dresses I've had for a few years and don't wear as often include a cute 50s red with cream colored polka dots and a tie collar, a deep purple dress with big lavender flowers my mom bought me in Hawaii, and a brightly colored floral dress with spaghetti straps.

I know I don't need any new dresses, especially since I just bought one, so I will be working these dresses in different ways to make them all new and unique from the previous ways I have worn them.
I will be posting a piece or two on various dresses and the different ways I wear them, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment