My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring Snafus

I was reading some articles about what to wear and what to avoid this Spring and I came across one article that pretty much would destroy my wardrobe.
According to the article you should avoid:

  • Drop-waist dresses 
  • High-waisted, tapered trousers
  • Bermuda shorts 
  • Lucite heels
  • Overdone florals
However, i say if it works for your body and you like it, then wear it. The points above do not work for everyone, however, in my opinion, they do look lovely on some people and in the right fabric and paired with the right accessories all 5 of these options could be pulled off wonderfully. Fit is the key factor here, if it doesn't fit then don't wear it.
Let me expand on the points from above. With the movie, The Great Gatsby, out I am sure a lot of women will be looking for a great drop-waist dress. Also, to me, high-waisted, tapered trousers are very feminine and since they are fitted, can look very pleasing to the eye. Next, Bermuda shorts. Sure they aren't high fashion, but they are comfortable and practical for a lot of women. As for Lucite heels, they can either be really classy or the exact opposite of classy. Lastly, overdone florals, I do slightly agree that florals can be overdone. However, if you find a balance with your floral prints, I think that they wouldn't be overwhelming and could work.

To me, it really just comes down to what makes you happy and if it fits. Also, none of these above are really mind blowing for the spring season. These are used year after year, some for multiple seasons throughout the year. I think everyone should take one of these points from the list of "Trends to Avoid" and make them work not only for you individually, but make them different from what people are used to expecting when they think of Spring. You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment