My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Officially an Intern

One of the requirements for my major is to complete a retail internship. The class is CSR 300 and it's 1 credit. In order to complete the class you must have 140 hours of work experience for your internship, as well as a LOT of paperwork.

For starters, I am using my job as a Charmer at Charming Charlie as my retail internship. However, my hours start counting from April 5th, so the Wednesday to Friday that I helped set the store up do not count towards my internship hour requirements. But, I do already about 25 hours towards the 140, so yay! I have filled out my site approval form, and wrote my 3 learning objectives and gave them to my manager who will be signing off on everything and meeting with me for my midway and final reports. On top of these I will also have a more in depth paper on the company, work environment (how orientation was, what we do, etc.), and my learning objectives. Besides this assignment I will have weekly journals where I write about my hours, what I did during my shifts, how they relate to my learning objectives, and more.

I think as far as a class goes it shouldn't be too hard. It's mainly a lot of paperwork that I have to stay on top of because I can't miss deadlines. I feel that as long as I stay organized (I already have a binder with dividers and paperwork going) I will be fine.

After this summer I will just have my design internship (which I've heard is really 2 design internships to get enough hours), which will be the summer before my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment