My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Charming Charlie Charmer

I am officially a "Charmer" at Charming Charlie, the new store that is opening this week in the mall. Woo! It's a fun and upbeat accessory store that also offers some apparel. They are color coordinated and want to make everyone feel fabulous. 

I applied and had an interview right before spring break. I actually applied the Wednesday evening and got a call Thursday after my classes and before I left to head home Friday. I had the interview at 5pm that Friday and expected a phone call with a yes or no that following Thursday or Friday. However, I got a call from them Sunday with an offer to be a sales associate, and of course I said yes! 

I started working this past Wednesday. I worked 5-9pm Wednesday, 4-9pm Thursday, 3-9pm Friday, noon- 9pm yesterday and finally 8am-5pm today. I have worked a lot this weekend helping with a variety of tasks to help get our store ready to open. I've done everything from unpacking boxes to helping stuff purses for display to helping make displays (maybe one of my favorite parts). 

I will be going shopping tomorrow for a few things at Charming Charlie. First off, I want a new purse. After unpacking all the purses I just want something different than what I use now and I think I may have the perfect one in mind. I also want a few new jewelry pieces and a watch. I will post about my purchases after I make up my mind. There are too many options to even decide before I go shopping, especially since I know what we have to offer, it might take me over an hour to just walk around and shop. I will be taking a friend who will be able to tell me No and make sure I don't spend over my budget. 

I am excited to start working in the store when it's open and when we work with customers. I think it will be great retail experience and I finally know how to run a cash register (hopefully efficiently enough for work) so I can't wait to get the full experience. I enjoyed working at Express but this is a whole new atmosphere and I think it'll be a lot better. I'll post more after I start working in the store- but I encourage you all to check out a Charming Charlie, it's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment