My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Birthday Books

My birthday was this past Wednesday, April 16th, and it was pretty great. For my birthday I received some books from my grandmother, and they are pretty great!

Here they are:
1. "Fifty Dresses That Changed the World" -Design Museum
2. "Chanel: Collections and Creations" -Danièle Bott
3. "Couture Sewing; The Couture Cardigan Jacket, Sewing Secrets from a Chanel Collector"
    -Claire B. Shaeffer


I am very pleased because I have had the first two on my amazon wishlist forever and have been waiting to get some extra cash before I bought any more books. I have glanced through all of them because I haven't had the time to actually sit down and read them thoroughly but I definitely intend to read them cover to cover. I plan on making a cardigan following the instructions in the Couture Sewing book. Just another thing to add to my summer to do list, the never ending list.

I'll be posting more on the books specifically and how they influence me (I'm seeing tweed jackets in my sketches in the next few weeks) or just how amazing they are and worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment