My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Musical Inspiration

After the fashion show a few weeks ago I've been thinking about my senior collection. Sure, I still have a year but next spring I plan on being in London at the London College of Fashion studying culture and history and learning to make hats, corsets, and shoes. Then hopefully that summer (2015) I'll be doing my design internship and most likely I won't have enough time to focus on any ideas for my senior collection. I've always said my senior collection would probably be all red, white, and black with touches of grey here and there. And honestly, that's probably my color scheme but with a variety of fabrics: silk, chiffon, velvet, brocade, and more. Because why not? I want them all to be a little different but want the audience to want to touch the clothes. I also want to do 9 designs. Why stress myself out? Because I want a challenge, a great portfolio, and I want to show everyone what I can do as a designer. I also want to have 4 guys and 5 girls. I'd have them walk in a girl/guy pattern and end with the 9th model a girl wearing an evening gown, or my version of the wedding dress (probably black and crazy). I'm really looking forward to it.

But on to my other ideas, they all really revolve around one band's musical influence: My Chemical Romance. While they are no longer together, they've made some great music and have heavily inspired some of my designs. As of now I'm thinking of trying to use one of their songs for my senior collection as the models walk the runway. it'd be perfect.

Since I do still have time my ideas could change, but I still really want to try and make all these ideas happen, I think it'd be a really amazing way to showcase my abilities. We'll see what happens come senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment