My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Menswear Update

For the fashion show I am making an evening dress for my girl model (Gabrielle) and then for my guy model (Eric) I am making trousers, a jersey t-shirt, and a vest. All of which I make from using their measurements to make patterns, by either drafting the patterns or draping.

The shirt sloper and then some of the patterns.
Showcase is a class for my major where we're all divided into teams to work on different parts of the fashion show. I'm on the Publishing team and we take care of the booklet and ticket design/layout. Well, back to the point, in Showcase we have a team called Quality Check (or QC for short) that has checks for points for the class every week. Today all patterns were due, so I had to spend most for the past 2 days working on all my patterns for Eric's shirt and vest. Since I've been working on the pants in class I was basically done with them. I had a few problems with some of the measurements but I think the patterns turned out well. The next step is to make Eric's shirt and vest out of muslin and see how they look with the muslin pants, or I guess start making the pants out of fashion fabric. I haven't quite decided what to do yet, but I want to be done with them soon. I'll decide this weekend while I'm trying to finish up Gabrielle's dress, I still have to do the bottom skirt to make it a floor length dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment