My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Decorating Shoes!

For the spring fashion show sophomores are required to have 2 garments on the runway and then 2 items in the art gallery. Luckily we're allowed to use work created in our art classes; however, we can only have 1 of our items be a creation from an art class. I will be using a drawing from my AD114 drawing class I took this past semester for the art gallery (I'll post more about my creations from my art class when i can get better quality photos of them). So, for my other entry I wanted to decorate a pair of shoes. I am unsure of if I can actually do this as an entry for the art gallery but I am doing this anyway. We present our ideas to the art gallery team January 17th so I will know then if this will be a good entry.

Well here are some pictures of my progress:

 My supplies: white pearl beads, pale pink pearl beads, pink glitter, and then a pink glitter spray.

After applying a few coats of the pink glitter spray:

Starting to apply the beads with shoe glue. I think I am going to finish this part of the shoe using a hot glue gun so I can make sure the beads stick really well.


No comments:

Post a Comment