My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Evening Dress Progress

Front View
I have been working a lot on Gabby's dress and finally, after a lot of time and effort, she tried it on today. The bottom, which is only pinned, is too long. this is why I chose to pin it and not sew anything yet!

She's wearing black patent heels with the dress and I will (hopefully) be able to find some great black accessories. As of now I'm thinking of these combinations:
  • Black pearl necklace (long and lots of strands) with her hair up and  with black feathers in it and a big cocktail ring and matching dangling earrings.
  • Black elbow length gloves, long dangling earrings with her hair up and with feathers.
  • A wrap of a contrasting material (fur or velvet maybe?) and then short black gloves and earrings. 
Side View
I'm also going to see about a long cigarette similar to Audrey Hepburn's character from "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Although, I haven't quite decided if I'd actually want her to walk down the runway with it. Although it would be a really great prop to take pictures with and possibly walk down the runway with...

I want the end result to look polished, sophisticated, but very kind of daring. For example, in the movie "Coco Avant Chanel" Coco Chanel wore a black dress she made to an elegant party when all the other women wore "happy" colors. I want her look to command the attention of a room without her saying anything. 

Now I just have to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment