My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Inspirational People #1

I have decided that I am going to try to post at least once a month on someone who really inspires my wardrobe and styling decisions.
For March, and my first post of this "collection," I would like to write about Amy Winehouse.

A picture I took of a picture of Amy W.
First off, if you want to know anything about her, such as songs or bio information, just type her name in a search engine and there is a website all about her.
Before she passed away I had never really gotten into her music. I liked it but all I knew was her song "Rehab" and it's not one of my favorites. But when she passed away her music was played on the TV and there were a lot of posts about her all over the web. I decided to look up some of her music videos and I loved them. I love her voice, it's jazzy and raspy, but so pretty. I love that she has her own sense of style and didn't care. She developed her own style as well. In the first videos from the beginning of her career she wears her hair in loose waves, doesn't wear heavy make-up, and doesn't have alot of tattoos. You can see her style progress as you watch more videos. She gets a few new tattoos, wears heavier eye make-up and then goes retro with a beehive. I for one love the cat eye, thick eyeliner look she has and the beehive is just cool. Then, a whole fashion line was based on her style, down to the beehives and make-up. She's inspiring to me because she created her own look and went with it without a care in the world.
I think my favorite song of hers is when she sings with Tony Bennett called "Body and Soul." When I sketch designs I like to listen to her songs and sing along, it's really fun to belt out her music.
I encourage everyone to listen to one of her earlier songs, she truly was an amazing artist and definitely talented singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment