My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Denim Jacket: First Patch Down!

Ironed on, about to start stitching.

First patch on my denim jacket is complete! I started off my denim jacket project with just a vague idea of what I wanted the end result to be but it's already changed multiple times since I've begun this project. After purchasing the denim jacket from work I went to check out the iron on patch selection at Jo-Ann Fabric Store. I was slightly disappointed but ended up purchasing a Wonder Woman patch for my jacket. 

My project has just been in that state until today. That's the funny thing about Christmas time for me, I always get these bursts of energy to finish projects and start new things. So after our Christmas celebrations I figured why not work on the jacket. I ironed on the patch and then, wary of the corners, decided to hand stitch the corners down so it will survive being in the washer. 

Final picture of the patch
with stitching around it.
Originally I was thinking of using thick embroidery thread and stitching a few onomatopoeia words like "POW!" and "BAM!" around it but decided on a simple outline to highlight the patch. I'm putting the comic book references on the back burner until I get more patches for my jacket. I don't think it will be an entirely superhero themed jacket, but it may turn out that way depending on the patch selection when I go shopping. I have found a few online I think I'm going to buy and they're all movie references so it could turn out pretty neat (at least to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment