My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, December 2, 2016

Embroidered & Patch Jacket

For my job as a buyer at my work we needed to do a mall visit, take notes, read the trend reports, take a quiz, and in general just discuss what we were seeing in the different stores. One of the things I loved was the bomber jackets with patches. I like the variety in the different stores and I like the overall idea. It's fun and can work for different styles. However, I just can't find one that really speaks to me. I want to pick the patches and the colors and so now I'm making my own jacket. I am pretty busy at work so I'm not starting from scratch. Also since I prefer the jean jackets to bomber style, I picked up a dark wash jean jacket from work and am ready to transform it into something spectacular...or at least have a lot of fun trying new techniques. 

I snagged a Faded Glory dark wash denim jacket at work and then proceeded to check out what patches Joann's had in stock. I wasn't a huge fan of the selection but they've been having so many sales recently I don't blame them for the low amount. Plus, I really just wanted one to start with because I want to try and snag some online. I plan on distressing the collar and cuffs and potentially adding a lining (at least to the cuffs so if I roll them there's a pop of pattern). Anyone who has seen my work knows I love patterns so obviously I need to add more to this jacket than just patches. I don't want to go overboard, but I plan on adding some hand embroidery (or machine since mine can do that!) around some of the patches. 

I had a Batman patch but I used it for my graduation cap...so Wonder Woman is the start of my jacket progress. As usual we'll see what happens. I'm just happy to start another project and it'll be fun to wear it around and show off my personality with my jacket. I'll post progress pictures along the way and if I do the distressing I'll share the methods and maybe have a step-by-step guide as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment