My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

"As You Like It" Show Pictures

I'm pretty happy that I finally got some show pictures of the dress I made in action. If you want to read about the construction of the dress I made for "As You Like It" then check out my earlier pieces "Costume Update!," "Costume Bodice Progress," "Costumes: Bodice Details," and "Costume: Bodice & Skirt." 


I got to create the dress using the designer's sketch to drape a mock up and then after a fitting I was able to finalize the plans and edit the patterns. I made the skirt with box pleats and the boned bodice has piping around all the edges that I also made. I didn't make the bloomers, the petticoat did happen to be the one I had made the previous year int he costume shop but both the petticoat and bloomers were pulled for the look. I did however make a new hip pad specifically for the actress. 


It was pretty neat to actually make so much for the show. I love that I got to make a whole look as well, it was a great experience and I learned a lot. I've also added some of the show pictures to my online portfolio: Malotke Designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment