My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 in Review

This year has been a whirlwind of amazing times for me. Of course there's been some not so wonderful times, but I've done so much this year it's hard to believe it.
In January I headed off to London for a semester abroad at the London College of Fashion. I made some friends and got to travel to other great places like Scotland and Paris. When I came home I got to see my school's fashion show and my friend model my sustainability piece. 
A collar I patterned, sewed, and stitched
on an apron for "Hay Fever."
Then I was off for the summer to Illinois where I interned with the Champaign Urbana Theatre Company and got to help out on a few shows for my boss and her freelance costume design jobs. I was also lucky enough to land an internship for Fashion A Magazine and have been writing for them and doing social media posts since June.
In August I started my last year at Purdue and began working on my senior collection that will be shown on April2nd, 2016. I interned with the Purdue Costume Shop again this fall and was even lucky enough t be he costume designer for a small production. It was wonderful! I've finished the year with seeing John Oliver in Chicago and getting to spend some quality time with family. I'm really looking forward to this coming year, mainly the whole graduating college part but who knows what will happen after that!
 
Goodbye 2015 & Hello 2016!
 
Enjoying tea time in London at Sketch.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment