My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Red Dress Event

The dress on Jessica before
hair and makeup.
Yesterday evening was the Red Dress Event at Purdue. It was run by Pharmacy students and they had asked us to put on a little fashion show featuring red dresses/garments. I was stressed because I wanted to participate but I thought my dress for the spring sow didn't count as red, however, my professor said it counted! This past Wednesday we had a snow day and I went in to the lab and worked for about 7/8 hours before the only thing left was hemming the dress. Another problem I had was my model or the show, Gabby, was planning on going home so I needed someone who could wear the dress. My friend Jessica Cork said she'd be willing to try the dress on and was willing to walk in the show. Well the dress fit, obviously not the same as it will on Gabby since Jessica is at least 5 inches taller than Gabby. The darts also aren't perfect, but it worked! It was a fun time getting Jessica ready, she did her makeup and I curled her hair. I was going for a very classy, slightly Parisian inspired look. I think we succeeded. 
Me and Jessica at the event.
Jessica walking during the show.
Jessica staying classy.




No comments:

Post a Comment