My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blast from the Past Inspiration

Right now my sketches are being fueled by Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Blondie, Poison, and a handful of other 80s rock bands. I love the music and the music videos only add to the ideas floating around in my head. I love rock music, but some of the songs from the 80s have such meaningful lyrics I am constantly jotting down bits and pieces in my sketch book for when I have free time to make my clothing ideas come alive. Some songs are hard core and make you want to jump and dance wildly around the room or make you just feel alive and carefree. Others, like ballads and love songs, make me imagine long, flowing gowns or flower patterned frocks paired with fringe boots. Music is a major part of my life and it's one way I deal with stress, relax, get energized, or just spice my day up. 80s rock music will always be a part of who I am, and I am perfectly fine with admitting it.

If you are unaware of the potential that 80s bands have here are a few video links to a handful of music videos I adore:

"Every Rose has it's Thorn" by Poison- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2r2nDhTzO4
"Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

No comments:

Post a Comment