My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pressure All Year Round

If it's one thing I have learned from this year at college it's that my life will always be stressful. However, because I can accept that now I can handle the stress and the hectic chaotic life the fashion industry offers me. Bring it on, if it's a "one day you're in and the next day you're out" kind of world I can just roll with the punches and tackle any challenge I get thrown at me. I feel that I will never slow down, so this summer I will be trying to do anything and everything to make next year just a little easier. Whether it's sewing by hand to perfect my stitching techniques, cutting and draping, reading about everything related to the fashion industry, getting my textbooks early and reading them before classes, buying zillions of magazines, working on my blog, or just sketching.

I will not be just lounging around and relaxing. First step is to get a retail job. I want to start gaining retail experience now, before I go on my retail internship. I would like to have a variety of skills pertaining to the retail side of the fashion industry so when I can secure a retail internship for school credit I will not just be folding shirts and working the register. I want to know how everything works in a store.

I would also like to start working on ideas for my sophomore year looks for the fashion show and what I could potentially submit to be in the art gallery. And seeing how I will be taking another drawing class in the fall I would like to practice sketching everything from trees to people to works of art. 

I have so many plans and about 3 months to make magic happen. Sometimes I am stressed about thinking about how stressful each up and coming year of college will cause me, then just imagining how my future career could be....yet I am still in love and will hold my dreams close to my heart because I want to be here, i want to be a designer, and I want to be successful. So for right now the stress and the pressure to succeed is high, but I think in the end it will all be worth it. I'm doing what I love and I don't think anything should make me stop and give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment