My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chanel's For the First Time

Hope everyone is enjoying April. Here in Indiana the weather is so unpredictable it's as if mother nature wakes up, can't decide on one type of weather, and decides to just draw little pieces of paper out of a hat every hour to pick what we should go through.
I figured one of my first posts to get me back into the swings of writing regularly should be about something I love and can say a lot about. Thus, my topic for this post is about Chanel, though more specifically the "For the First Time" advertisement video.
I first saw this video last semester in my Introduction to the Apparel Industry class. I loved every single bit of it. So much so i shared it with all of my friends, even the ones in engineering that could care less about fashion. Then when I was in my art class last semester, Design 1, we had to talk about ourselves as artists for around 10 minutes. I am not a very talented artist in the way the other students in my class are. Therefore, I discussed how I get my inspiration and how that guides me as a designer to think of a garment, the fabric, and so forth. I shared this video in my class, many people looked bored, but my art TA loved the design and graphics the video possesses. There is something about this video that makes me love Chanel more than I already did. 
This semester in my English class we had to analyze a work, so I chose this video. My teacher loved that I picked a topic where I can show my knowledge and passion. I am now using the paper I created to participate in Purdue's Spring Writing Showcase. I will be creating a display board, a timeline, and more to put on display for others. I will post more about this at a different time, after the Showcase has happened.
Back to the video, there is history, pictures, clips, and more, providing something pleasing for everyone.
I promise this is not a waste of four minutes of your life, you never know you may walk away with new ideas and a new outlook on something. I could talk about Chanel forever, but instead I will end my post with a quote from Chanel that illustrates how Fashion is not just in clothes but in everything around us, "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
 
If the video does not work, simply use a search engine and search "For the First Time Chanel"

No comments:

Post a Comment