My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Little Black Dresses

One item I think every girl should own is her version of the little black dress. Black is timeless and so is the little black dress. I have 2 that I love and they're both very different. One is a strapless bubble dress with minimal detailing. The other is a one shoulder, fairy-like dress with ruching for the bodice and extra stuff on strap.
One book that I like to reference for inspiration is Didier Ludot's "The Little Black Dress Vintage Treasure." In the prologue Ludot writes, "The little black dress is an alliance of opposites. Symbolizing the respectable woman with an eye to seduction, the little black dress makes her feel safe and, at the same time, much more dangerous." To me, a little black dress is like a blank canvas in which I can exude confidence and be myself, totally at ease anywhere.
One of my favorite looks is when a little black dress is paired with red heels or bright red lipstick. I think the tiny pop of red makes the ensemble even better and gives it more pizazz.


No comments:

Post a Comment