My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Coco Chanel

         I had always liked Chanel's chic look with its simplicity. But, when I read "Coco the Novel" by Patricia Soliman, Gabrielle Coco Chanel became my favorite designer. I recommend the book to anyone who loves romance, adventure, girl power, and fashion. I was hooked from the first line. I know it isn’t biographical, but the book gave me all of this insight into her life. She did it all and never accepted “No” as an answer. I have a lot of quotes from her but my favorite would have to be-“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” Coco Chanel is a very inspirational person and I can only imagine what the fashion world would be like today if she was still around. Ladies, we have (mostly) her to thank for being free to wear pants everyday and for no more corsets!! I adore Christian Louboutin’s  magnificent creations and Dior’s gowns, but Chanel is my go to artist. When I was in France and went shopping in Paris I got to go in my first Chanel store. I have to be honest- I lost my breath for a moment. I was amazed with every glance around the store. The workers looked polished and sophisticated, the counters clean, the space organized, and everything was so beautiful. I don’t own anything Chanel as of now, but when I do it will be something that I’ll keep forever. Coco Chanel is a really remarkable women and a marvelous designer. I hope to one day work within the Chanel niche of design, or just visit her apartment in France, that would be amazing.
Chanel on her staircase of mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment