My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Costume Design for a Cast of 40+

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I have been very swamped the past few months with a huge costume design project. I was lucky enough to get to be the Costume Designer for "Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" for the Champaign-Urbana Theater Company. With a budget of $500, two months, and a cast of over 40, I needed to make this production come to life. 

I had a lot of fun working on the show, especially making the dancers' looks. I'm going to try to post some progress pictures for the pieces I made from scratch. I loved working with quick changes, multiple costume changes, and a cast this large. My first show as a designer I only had 2 actors (they played all of the characters of course) to work with, so this was quite a step up from that show. I look forward to working on more shows like this in the future. I was very thankful to have a few people help work on some pieces for the show and to have some help backstage for changes and costume needs.

Stay tuned for more pictures! You can always check out my portfolio for more pictures too!

Ensemble in motion.

Close up of the Pharaoh's cape while backstage.
  
During "One More Angel," we had a hoedown feel to the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment