My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Projects Update

Since work in the shop is slowing down I've decided to start up a project. Hancock Fabrics is going out of business here in St. Louis so I went and got some cool things to start working on during my last few days. I did buy a dress pattern and I'm think about trying to go ahead and do that, but I might make a shirt instead with a visible zipper down the back and save the dress for when I can just sit down on a weekend and do it all at once. I bought black fabric with red hearts for the dress and a black with deep red roses for a blouse. I of course then caved when I saw a black and white plaid hounds-tooth with thin pink stripes and bought 3 yds to make a skirt & vest combination. I'm pretty excited about getting back into making my own things and I have a LOT of fabric and materials at home that I can use when I get settled in IL.
I plan on starting a project tomorrow so when I do I'll take pictures and do a step-by-step post with tips and such. So stay tuned for actual exciting posts. Work has been unexpectedly busy these past few weeks so it'll be nice to return to blogging and getting new material for my blog and my website!

No comments:

Post a Comment