My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Kimono Sleeve Robe

For "Ariadne" my team constructed a blue velvet, blue satin lined, robe with kimono style sleeves and blue floral embroidery details. It's stunning. The picture you see to the right is me trying on the muslin mock up....which I get to keep! I plan on first finishing all of the seams and then hemming it. Next step will be to wash it because I want to try my hand at dying it. I think I want a rich maroon color, but we'll see what happens. I plan on adding some details like the embroidered flowers or some strips of patterns. I might even throw a lining in for the heck of it since we have the patterns still. But I might be starting a different project before doing all of this to the robe.

No comments:

Post a Comment