My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Grand Budapest Inspiration

The Grand Budapest Inspiration

The Grand Budapest Inspiration by brimalotke


One reason I think I would be perfectly happy doing costumes for films is that whenever I see a movie I am always thinking about the outfits and how they work for the character, or don't. I am curious as to how things are constructed or why they were chosen. Is it supposed to be historically accurate, or is it just pleasing to the eye? I like seeing how everything comes together and how the pieces work for the characters, and thus work for the actors in the piece. I love seeing classic movies and how the fashions are of that era perfectly and then seeing movies now done for those time periods to see what they did right or if they overlooked details, things like that. 

The movie, "The Grand Budapest Hotel," is probably one of my favorite movies for numerous reasons. Mainly it's the colorfulness of it and how it's shot and pieced together. However, the costumes are brilliant, they are perfect for each character and to the time periods in the film. Everything is ornate and elaborate when needed or torn and dirty when it should be. It's wonderful and there's so much to see in the movie, all the tiny details and such, that are important. There's a lot to draw inspiration from in this movie and I encourage you to watch it to see for yourself, everyone walks away from  something with a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment