My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

First Clutch!

Front View
I finished my 1st clutch today! It's made from a stretch dark floral printed fabric with a black lining. I used black thread as well when constructing the clutch. It's styled like an envelope on the front and as of now it doesn't have a closure. I haven't decided on a snap or a button closure yet so it's 99% finished but since it can be used without a closure I'm marking it off as done! I used a decorative stitching on the top flap and part of me wishes I had chosen a different stitch, but since I have more of the fabric I can redo it with a different stitch. I do plan on making a lot more clutches, and of different materials and styles.
Opening of the clutch.

The clutch is part of a sustainability project for school. However, since my team's proposal hasn't been approved or denied the ones I'm making now are just for me to improve my skills. I rummaged through the scrap bin at school to get a lot of fabric to make the clutches. I also have some random ribbon and buttons to add to certain ones. I plan on selling them on Etsy to make a little money to save up to make more of fabrics I choose. Although I want to donate half or more of the proceeds to a charity, as of now it's undecided on which charity. I'll keep you posted! I don't want to put anything on my Etsy store until I have a small stockpile, like maybe 5 clutches done and ready to sell. We'll see what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment