My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Little Something Extra

 



After finishing my second hat, I felt that something was missing. While I was in Bath I had tried to find a broach of some sort or just something visually interesting to place on top of the base of my red feathers. 


Last week I had gone to the Alexander McQueen exhibit, "Savage Beauty," at the Victoria & Albert museum. It was spectacular and more incredible than I can even fathom writing about, although I will cover the exhibit in another, separate, post. At the end of the exhibit there was the gift shop. They had everything from books and postcards to jewelry and scarves and even sewing equipment! One of the treasures I found was a butterfly clip, meant for hair but I decided it was exactly what my head piece needed. It sits on top of a bed of red ostrich feathers, and the wings are attached by little springs so they move when your head moves. The butterfly is white and black, tying this head piece in with my current ideas for my senior collection which will use white, black, and red as the main colors. I am excited to wear this and/or to see it walk down the runway. Whichever comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment