My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Paris Days 1 & 2

Part of my semester at LCF includes a trip to Paris for a few days. I was on trip 1 so I took the train from London to Paris on Friday, February 27th and left Tuesday, March 4th. It wasn't a very long train ride and then we were in Paris!
We took the metro to our hotel, checked in, settled down, and had a little bit of free time. I got lunch at a patisserie on the corner and then walked around the area with my friend Amanda. Our group met up around 1:30/2pm and we headed off to take a boat ride down the Seine river. It was sunny and while not very warm, an amazing time. I took a lot of pictures and was able to get some great shots of the iconic structures and wonderful architecture of the city. After that we went to a makeup store and then had the evening to ourselves. With two friends, our little pea pod trio went off to take pictures of the Opera House and then explore the Galleries Lafayette. I bought my first pair of designer shoes! They're black and white leather oxfords; I can't wait to wear them out and about. Then after shopping we went to a café restaurant near our hotel for a late dinner.
Day two started off with a trip to the market early in the morning. I bought a thing of strawberries at a stall for 1 euro and then got a small chocolate baguette and half a regular baguette to split with my roommate. After our early adventure we headed off for a full day around Paris. We went to the Les Arts Decoratifs: Deboutonner La Mode for an exhibit on buttons. It was amazing! They had a wide variety of buttons, garments, and information on designers and more. It was great to just explore through the exhibit and take lots of pictures for future use in my design process. A lot of this could be used in my research and inspiration. After that exhibit I went through their jewelry exhibit ad then went outside to enjoy the sunshine. Amanda and I took lots of photographs near the Louvre, and of course some very typical touristy shots in front of the Louvre! After that we were taken to the markets to check out the shops and area. It was pretty neat to see where there designers go to seek out inspiration and go shopping. Our little trio pea pod decided to go to the Musee Du Quail Brandy for the exhibit titled: Tatoueurs, Tatoues. It gave a history of the process and how different regions of the world go about tattooing and their views, history, and processes. I'll have to do a whole separate post about this exhibit because it was phenomenal.
We spent our evening trying to make our way to the Notre Dame but quit halfway when we reached the Obelisk and stopped to take pictures on a bridge. While we were there the Eiffel Tower started to sparkle and light up. I'm so glad we stopped to take pictures, we had perfect timing. We returned home to get pizza at a local restaurant. We ended up staying for a really long time. The manager liked us and gave us a free fruity juice drink to try. It was one of those where it had different colored juices and looked like it was layered. We also got desert, crème brule and chocolate cake with ice cream to share. We had a great, fun filled adventurous day in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment