My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mandatory Journaling the LCF Way

During orientation week every student in the study abroad section received a black journal. The are plain sheets with a little pocket on the back cover and they say "UAL: university of the arts/ london/ london college/ of fashion" on the front. It's small and compact. It doesn't fit in my purse but that just allows me to carry a bigger bag (full of things I don't need of course). We are required to document our time here as well as our main three required classes: British Cultural Studies, Fashion History Arts & Artifacts, and Theoretical Contemporary Fashion Studies. How you go about keeping your journal is up to you, as long as it isn't purely just found images (for example solely pictures of your trips). It basically has to contain notes/sketches/pictures of the three mandatory classes and MORE.

I thought it would be a great idea to share some pages from my journal as a way to illustrate the methods I go about keeping a journal of my time here studying in London.

I'm definitely an avid note taker and love to keep my ticket stubs in my journal. I love color & chaos but I'm a little OCD about the order of my journal, as in it's basically a timeline of my classes & museum trips & outings.

Visited the Chanel store & a Rubens exhibit.

Some of my sketches from the Edward Steichen
exhibit at the Photographer's Gallery.

Some of my notes from the Natural History Museum
and part of my review of a Photography exhibition.

More of my Rubens and His Legacy notes.

My notes from Guy Bourdin: Image Maker exhibit.

Some of my notes from visiting the Courtauld Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment