My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Menswear Fashion Shows

Ever since I worked with my friend Eric on menswear for the fashion show I've been paying more attention to men's fashion. I've scrolled through many fashion shows catwalk pictures looking at all of the garments and how the designers put together the full package for the ensemble each man is wearing down the runway. There's a lot of differences between a menswear show and a women's show, such as the atmosphere is more relaxed at a menswear than the hustle and bustle at a women's fashion show. Just soaking everything in is a great way to think about menswear. I think my favorite pieces tend to be more structured and tailored garments. As of now, my top 3 fashion shows (overall) that have come out of London this week are: Baartmans and Siegel, Tom Ford, and Burberry Prorsum. You can click the names if you'd like to look at the different pictures from the shows. I haven't quite figured out my future design path, but I do enjoy working on menswear and I think I would like to have some part in menswear in the future. I do know I will have male models for my senior collection in 2 years, so lots of tailoring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment