My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What to Wear to a Fashion Show

I have been to 2 fashion shows, one at Purdue University and one on a bridge downtown in the city. Both were fabulous and amazing experiences. At the college show I was incredibly nervous and had no idea what I was wearing til my friend & I were getting ready the hour before. For the show I had decided on:
·         Dark wash skinny jeans
·         Brown heels (about 3-4 inches)
·         Cheetah print long sleeve button down top
·         Black vest (I bought it in Paris)
·         Bright red lipstick
·         Long silver necklace
·         Dangling pearl earrings
I fit right in, and so did my friend who wore:
·         Black dress
·         White sweater
·         Black tights
·         Purple suede heels
·         Messy bun
·         Fancy earrings
It was a lot of fun getting ready and the two of us hit it spot on with wearing heels, it seemed like everyone was in heels.

For the show on the bridge my friend and I decided we’d both wear dresses since it’s summer & hot outside.
She wore a simple black dress with flower sandals. I wore a cream colored dress with red & blue flowers, a black sweater, and gold shoes. When we got there we wished we had worn heels, despite the fact we knew we’d be walking a lot. Everyone had heels on and a lot of people looked more dressed up than we did. However, there were people in jeans and a t-shirt, so there was a wide variety of clothing options.
I love having an excuse to dress up; I look forward to going to more shows.
My advice would be to look at any pictures the people in charge may have posted from previous years; you’d have a feel for what the majority are likely to wear. Then you can decide if you want to fit in or stand out. The more daring you are the more fashionable you may look. J

No comments:

Post a Comment