My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beautiful Ballet

Graceful. Elegant. Extravagant. Delicate. Pain. Intricate. Fantasy. Beautiful. Lyrical. Passionate. Disciplined. Flexible. Swift. Feminine. Artistic. Breathtaking. Stunning.
All of these words can describe ballet and the dancers that work countless hours perfecting their art to perform and captivate their audience and give them an astounding show.

I love ballet and I wish I had stuck with it as a kid. Whenever I am stuck in a rut and have trouble finding inspiration but am in the mood to sketch I look at Edgar Degas’s paintings of ballerinas. His paintings capture the movement and gracefulness of each individual dancer. It’s unbelievable and awe-inspiring.  The colors and costumes create a world in which I am unfamiliar with, making everything more stunning and magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment