My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Grown Up Accessories

Loving the new purse.
One of the things I decided I would try to stick to this year was only using what I get from the store for my own purchases. To elaborate, we have a points system that lets you earn stickers. Each sticker is a $1 of store credit, who ever gets the most is then employee of the month and if you win you get an additional $10 and a 40% bin which you can fill and hold for a week. I've won 4 times now, and I usually spend more than I should when I get to hold a bin. So for December I had received $31 in store credit from stickers, and since I had won the gift card sales I had a $25 gift card to the store as well as $42 cash from the store ($1 for every gift card sale). Being me I was definitely going to spend it all on clothes, because why not? :) 

However I decided to try and just get a few really nice items instead of getting a full bin. This is how I came about getting a lovely yellow Kate Spade purse basically for free. Our store priced it at $65 and we're not allowed to use any discount on designer items (you can use your employee one after 1 week though) so I decided to pay full price. I used all of my stickers, my gift card, and then used the cash they had given me. 

All in all I definitely think it was worth it. It's not everyday you get a designer purse for free. Also it's a very classic style and while I'm not a huge fan of yellow it goes pretty well with my wardrobe (which continues to surprise me). I had purchased a hot pink Kate Spade wallet a few weeks ago and it doesn't match but I love the two together.

No comments:

Post a Comment