My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, March 25, 2016

France: Not Even All of It

Now that I'm back everything is less exciting, and nothing is the same. The food is more sugary, the bread isn't as good, and nothing is as beautiful. France for me is an amazing and wonderful place, and I am already starting to plan out my next trip. Who knows, maybe I'll decide to study or work somewhere and actually get to live there for a while.
 







One week wasn't enough time, but I did get to experience a lot of things. I got to learn how to cook, pair wine & cheeses, learn about wine, do wine tastings (even 1 at a vineyard), and that's just the food related things. I had a blast walking and exploring around Riorges and Roanne, as well as getting to spend all of Saturday going around Lyon and experiencing a larger French city. 

I got to experience fancy pastries, classic quiches, see a movie in a French cinema (Deadpool in French is very different), and browse a few bookstores. Not everything is so different, but I do know I'll be making a few changes to my lifestyle from this trip. I'll be taking more downtime, especially when it comes to meals. Instead of rushing and eating dinner on my way to somewhere I want to take the time to sit and enjoy my meals. It doesn't have to be a multiple course meal with wine or take hours, but it will be nice taking that time out of my day and actually resting and enjoying life. Along with meals, I'll be cooking more and trying new things. No more soup or pasta once a week just because I have it. I'd like to make some vinaigrettes or maybe actually make a multiple course meal. I'll probably cook for my friends too. 

I'm pretty excited about adding some French touches to my life, but it's not the same as actually being there. I hope to return relatively soon, but with work starting in the next month I don't think it will happen for a while.  

























"America is my country, but Paris is my hometown."  
- Gertrude Stein.

No comments:

Post a Comment