My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, July 7, 2014

New Do, New You....Right?

My new do!
Today, after about a week of talking, I got my haircut. It was definitely needed with my split ends and grown out layers. I decided I like my bangs and my part so I really just needed some inches cut off and new layers cut. After talking to the stylist I decided on this length (see picture to the left) and she asked me about my layers and she chose to cut choppy layers so I could have more volume to my hair. My hair is typically really flat so any volume I can get without product and styling is great!

I went with my friend Hale and she got her hair cut super short, though she already has a short hairstyle. Before my hair was cut she said I should get it cut above my shoulders, but I wanted to be able to put it in a ponytail for working out and such and the stylist said a little below the shoulders would let me do that to my hair. I think this is a great length and it feels so healthy and makes me feel very stylish. It's light and fluffy and I love it! I'm excited for my first full day tomorrow and for trying new do's with it and all of my outfits.

Along with my new hairdo I cleaned out my closet (well my closet at Purdue haha). I filled a whole tote with all the clothes I don't really wear that I have here with me at college. It feels great to just have a more organized little slice of life. Although my friend Hale gave me a lot of clothes I am ecstatic to wear! Thankfully my closet is more empty and I have the room for the new pieces. I'm on the road to finding my style, which right now is just a lot of chaos of patterns and colors and a lot of black. Stay tuned for more about me finding my style, it might take a while though, and of course it'll develop over time too as I get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment