My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, November 4, 2013

More London Decisions

For a while I was planning on trying to go to London College of Fashion for all of my junior year. I would do the design semester in the fall and then the fashion business semester in the spring. However, after meeting with my adviser, I can really only manage one semester. Let me break it down a little- for the business semester I would earn credit for 5 classes, so 15 credit hours. For the design semester I would only earn the 2 classes  for studying abroad (which I included in the business already). So if I went a whole year I would only earn the 15 credit hours. Which would leave my senior year to be incredibly stressful at 18 and 20 credit hours, a huge no no when it's recommended that you take 12-14 each semester so you have time to focus on your senior collection. So instead of going all year I have to decide on which semester I want to apply for: business or design. Now one reason I even applied to Purdue was because of their connection to London College of Fashion and how excited I was when I found out I could learn how to make shoes. Therefore, I have decided to stick with me dreams and be a little less practical and apply for design. If I do design in the spring 2015, then fall of 2014 will be a little difficult at 18 credit hrs but I'm doing 19 now with 2 jobs so not too bad. And then senior year I'll have 16 and 14 I think. So a little high first semester but I think it'll all be worth it in the end, especially when I can say I can make shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment