My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Alice Inspired




Looking at my senior collection these past couple of weeks has had me thinking a lot about what truly inspired my collection. It's kind of tricky because after our presentations and such in senior design last semester I changed some of my ideas. Also with this semester, I'm using the same fabrics but the inspiration is coming from a different place. 
Alice InspiredWhen I was doing just my menswear last semester I was drawing inspiration from well tailored suits from A. McQueen and the Savage Beauty exhibit I had seen in London as well as from the patterns I wanted to use and how they all worked together. this semester, working with just 1 men's look and 3 women's has me drawing inspiration from places such as "Alice in Wonderland" and all the red, black, and white aspects to it. Also the different music videos that draw ties from the story. For example, Natalia Kills's music video Wonderland has some obvious draws from the story line (besides the title). I love watching music videos and a lot of the story lines in the videos are insanely intriguing. If you don't watch a lot of music videos I recommend it, it can change your outlook on a song.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens; I've only started in fashion fabric for my men's look and only have 2 looks patterned so far. I'll be posting some pictures as I go, especially when I get to Gabby's corset, and write little descriptions on why I chose certain fabrics and tailoring choices and more! SO stay tuned, the show is April 2nd and I plan on having all of my 8 looks (I did 4 last semester) completed by the middle of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment