My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Costume Bodice Progress

On Tuesday in the shop I got to take the notes from the fitting we had on Friday and make the adjustments to my patterns. There were only a few small changes made; see the taped areas, those are the new additions. I trued my lines up and got to make the final changes. The pink lines are where the boning will be added. I got to go through a few books and do some research on how they did the lines for boning from the 1830s. I got to have a lot of say in where the boning should go and working with my boss we came up with the lines shown in the picture. I'm pretty excited to see how the bodice turns out. I cut out the new pattern pieces out of coutille and on Thursday I should be cutting the pieces out in flannel and hopefully corduroy as well. The end game is to sew the boning to one layer and then all 3 layers together before piecing the bodice together. This allows the bodice to be easier to modify and alter in the future. I'll post more after I have more done.

No comments:

Post a Comment