My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Costume Update!



I'll be posting more on the individual projects I've worked on in the shop but since I just had my 1st fitting for "As You Like It" I wanted to write a little about that costume. For the character "Audrey"I needed a hip pad and since none of the ones in stock had the right look I made one. As for the skirt I started out draping it in muslin and then after the fabric had been washed and dyed, I just did the pleating through math and marking it on the fabric. Then created the box pleats and sewed the waistband on the skirt. 

For the fitting I had the canvas muslin bodice, petticoat, hip pad, and then corduroy skirt. The alterations needed are to take in the petticoat, attach snaps or hooks for the hip pad, finish the skirt with fasteners, and then to take in the bodice when I go to make it out of the corduroy. The final step will be sewing the skirt and bodice together to make the dress. Overall I'm really happy with the outcome so far and I'm glad my first legit fitting with the shop went so well.





No comments:

Post a Comment