My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Inspirational People #2

I haven't been posting in awhile but here is May's inspirational person:
Audrey Hepburn.

Audrey Hepburn was born Audrey Kathleen Ruston on May 4th, 1929 and died on January 20, 1993. She has been in a lot of films, just a few are:  Roman Holiday (1953), Sabrina (1954), The Nun's Story (1959), Charade (1963), My Fair Lady (1964) and Wait Until Dark (1967). However, my all time favorite Audrey Hepburn movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961). She's won an Emmy, an Academy, a Grammy, and a Tony Award.


To me, Audrey Hepburn is an excellent actress and has become an icon, especially when she wore the little black dress in Breakfast at Tiffany's. She's the definition of simple yet elegant, chic and sophitocated yet down to earth. I admire her work with UNICEF and her work ethic. She was married a few times, had children, and went through hard times that ended with cancer and then death. I think she's a remarkable peron who always thought of others.

She's at the top on my list, right up there with Coco Chanel. She lead a successful and eventful life, starring in movies & plays, helping people in many countries, and inspiring others around her to live their lives to the fullest.

One of my favorite quotes from her is "Paris is always a good idea."

The other is "I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."

No comments:

Post a Comment