My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Pop of Pink!

So a few weeks ago I decided to try and dye my hair pink. I didn't want it to be permanent so I tried finding a brand that would work. After asking my very hair coloring savvy friend I settled on Garnier's Color Styler wash out pink hair dye. 
My friend Hale then helped dye it for me one evening. I wanted to try that tie-dye effect and not completely dye all of my hair. I thought it would be a lot of fun to try something different  than the usual dip dye or ombre effect. Right after Hale put the coloring in my hair looked bright pink and I was a little overwhelmed. I had really hoped for a lighter shade, but the box did advertise a bright bright. I woke up the next morning and after showering it looked a lot better. I was happy that the color wasn't as intense anymore and I loved how Hale had made it looked when she dyed it. 
The only down side to the experience was that instead of lasting the 3-4 washes/days it stayed in for about 2 weeks or so. It wasn't great after the first week, it made my hair look oily and gross for a bit. I borrowed Hale's natural shampoo and washed my hair multiple times one night and it helped a lot. 
I might try a different color another time, maybe the blue. I think as long as I'm prepared to wash my hair with the natural shampoo (or dish soap) after it's been in too long I'll do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment