My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Last Minute Work

Tomorrow is sort of our first Quality Control (QC) Check. We've had one, but that was for sketches and flats of 1 design. Tomorrow is a fit check so we need patterns, a muslin version, and pictures of fit. 

I am doing my sustainability project for my 1 design and I am pretty excited for it to come together. however, I have yet to actually start it...and I'm meeting with my model this afternoon too. So tonight will be spent, not doing my French homework but in the lab working on my piece. 

Since I'm using already functional garments I don't see the need to create patterns and a muslin version, hopefully this is okay. I have to deconstruct a dress and then put the skirt back together again but that shouldn't take too long since I'm just gathering it and using an elastic waistband with no zipper. the top is a different story. I'm using a striped button-down top and I need to hem it, take it in, possibly remove the pocket on the front, and change the sleeves. I do also have to pattern heart shaped pieces since I plan on cutting out a heart on the back of the shirt and also placing little hearts over the shirt in various places. It's hard to fully describe but i'll post pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment