My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Crayon Art

This year I chose to live in a dorm since I will be (hopefully) studying abroad for the spring semester. One of the perks of living in a dorm is free craft nights and other fun activities, they usually involve snacks or pizza, with your floor. Well my floor did a craft night this past Sunday night where we did crayon art. It was really neat! Everyone started out with a blank canvas and then got to pick out what crayons they wanted. I chose basically all of the pinks and a few purples and maybe 2 blues.
After you pick your crayons and put them on the canvas how you want, you hot glue them to the canvas. You could also tape them if you wanted to remove them but I just chose the hot glue option. Next you use a hairdryer to melt the crayons. There are a few methods to melt the crayons but I just pointed the hair dryer and moved my canvas around so that the colors would mix more. Finally, when I was satisfied with what it looked like I cut the parts of the crayons that were sticking out too much. So now it is just a colorful canvas, which I think looks pretty cool.
The whole process maybe took 20-30 minutes. It was fun though, socializing, eating some snacks, and making crayon art. I would definitely recommend this for other artsy people, or for even unartsy people!
My Final Piece


No comments:

Post a Comment